Sunday, January 31, 2010

Best. Grilled Cheese. Ever!!


I dropped by my parents' house today. Conveniently, it is lunchtime. My mom just made me a Parmesan crusted toasted cheese sandwich. It was delicious! I think it had at least 3 different cheeses and ciabatta bread. So, so good! Seriously. Probably the best grilled cheese ever. If not THE best, definitely in the top 3. And you all know how serious I am when it comes to matters involving cheese. I would've taken a picture of it, but that would have required me putting it down long enough to take a picture of it, which wasn't happening. I'm going to have to do something to work off all of the calories I just took in. Does Wii Bowling count as exercise??


But this grilled cheese got me thinking how lucky I am to have the parents that I have. And not just because they cook for me. It's been a long time since I've lived within 30-40 minutes of my parents. They do so much for me.....like watch Mollie when I go out of town, help me paint, insulate me garage, etc.... They've even stopped by work to bring me dinner during the crazy holiday season! How sweet is that? And my parents are still pretty cool. Well, Cheryl is cool....Curt is mostly because of Cheryl's influence.... But look at them in this picture.... Aren't they adorable? You would never know that they are card-carrying members of the AARP. (By the way, did you know that seniors get a discount at Andersen's on the first Tuesday of the month? If you need something, I'm sure Curtie will let you come along with him and use his discount!) Sometimes I feel like I see them a little too often....but then I think of how long I wasn't able to see them whenever I felt like it. And of how many birthdays, Christmas celebrations and other holidays that I missed And then I don't feel bad anymore. So, Cheryl, here's to you and your kick-ass grilled cheese! You're the best mom ever. I wonder what's for dinner.....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

They do look amazing! You are so lucky!