Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekend Review




I spent this past weekend in North Carolina with my bff and her family. What a great time. Lori already beat me to it and blogged about our adventures (see the link to her blog on the right), but I wanted to post this pic of me and the girls. Aren't they the cutest girls ever? We took the girls to the NC Museum of Natural History on Monday, which was free. And it's a good thing it's free because their attention span wasn't all that great! But that's okay...because it was free! Plus Lori and I felt that we were doing something educational for the kids. After the museum we had pizza at Mellow Mushroom in downtown Raleigh. Seriously, the best pizza ever. Ever. I also had enough time to go out for an adults-only dinner with Paul and Lori on Saturday night. Emma and Lily weren't very happy about that, telling Lori, "You always hog all the time with Auntie. It's not fair!" But Lily and Emma got their special time with Auntie. Separate time, of course, because they can't be expected to share special time with Auntie! And by special time, I mean shopping. And sometimes coffee (for me...hot chocolate for them....). All in all, it was a great weekend. Too short, though! I miss them already and can't wait to see them again!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

My kids always go mad for my brother in law like your friend's kids do you. It must feel awesome to be a supahstah!

Jules said...

You are so, so sweet to those girls! No wonder they love you so much, Auntie!