Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Etsy - It's a Good Thing

I love Etsy! For those of you not in-the-know, Etsy is kinda like Ebay, but has all sorts of homemade things and you don't bid. Well, I guess that makes it not really like Ebay at all.....but you can find EVERYTHING on there! Pottery, art, paper, you name it! And I always feel good buying from someone on Etsy because I feel like I'm supporting artists. You can even shop locally, which is a good thing if you live in a metropolitan area like Columbus. (Not such a good thing if you live in a tiny place like Erie, PA.)

One of my friends, Morgen, has an Etsy shop called BellisiMo. He has some super cute notecards on it. Morgen, I don't even want to know where you got those vintage clip on earrings! :-) Check it out:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/morgen1967

Oh yeah, I still haven't figured out how to add a link to my blog posts, so you have to copy and paste this.... Will one of my techy friends please help a sister out, here? Be warned! Once you get hooked on Etsy, it's tough to stop!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

She has a nice shop. I love Etsy too!

Jules said...

Link tip: highlight the words you want to use as your linkage (i.e. here you could make it "Etsy awesomeness" or some such), and then click on the icon that looks like a chain up beside the font sizes. It will give you a box to put in a website. Hope that helps. Took me forever to figure that out, too.