Friday, February 3, 2012
Thrifty Thursday
I meant to post this yesterday, but was a little busy chasing a puppy around the house. Yikes! They require sooo much attention! Yesterday was a great day. I discovered thrift shops. Honestly, I've never been a big fan of them. Never been to one, and never thought I'd like them. (Used stuff? Yuk! No thanks!) But, during breakfast with my friend, Shannon, I convinced her to take me. We had time to swing by one and guess what??? I LOVED IT! I scored a great punch bowl set (with 12 super cute little glasses). Shannon and I are on a 2-woman quest to bring the punch bowl back into style. I'll post a picture of it when I get it all cleaned up. I'm thinking the next bookclub that I host needs punch. I also picked up this rug for a couple of bucks:
It reminds me of my grandma, and I needed a rug at the back door. Doesn't really go with the decor in that room, but it's cute.
And I also got this mail sorter for the office. It had a few marks on the front of it, but I liked it because 1) it kinda goes with the shabby chic feel I like and 2) I love me some organizing tools!
But I didn't like the pen marks, and I wanted to jazz it up a little, so I did this:
I had some of this map scrapbook paper, which I thought coordinated with my (very small) globe collection. I am not thrilled with the result, but I showed Tom 2 other options (both floral), and he thought I should stick with the map paper. And, since it's his house too, I kept it. Shannon got some really cool things as well. She picked up a cheese plate and dome and a doily. She loves doilies. I would have purchased the cheese dome, but I have several and really just couldn't justify it. Even if it was practically a steal! So I'm all for thriftin' now! We're going again next week. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love what you did with that mail organizer! I knew it would be so cute!
I meant to mention to you about the rug. To keep fabric rugs from slipping there are products you can buy, but also if you have a little bathroom caulking you can put some of that on the bottom. It will keep the rug in place, and if you need to wash it you can just peel it off.
Love me some thrift store shopping! Glad you are into it now, too! :)
Post a Comment