Today I am thankful for this. Two toothbrushes instead of one this year. My first Valentine's day as Mrs. Davis, and it's a very good feeling. Many of you think Valentine's Day is overrated. A Hallmark holiday. Too commercial. Well, I went for 37 years without a proper Valentine, so now that I have one, I'm going to enjoy it. Darn it! I do think that you don't need a holiday to tell someone you love them. HOWEVER, isn't it kinda nice to have one day to celebrate love? And I had a grand time getting ready for Valentine's Day this year. I decorated - the mantel, the entrance, the front door. I baked - cookies and treats for Tom to take to work. I crafted - special, cheesy Valentine's Day crafts for my hubs. I shopped - for goodies for my family and for my love. And it was fun. Today has been an especially lazy day. It's cold outside, and we're having the carpets cleaned, so I have to stay downstairs and off of the carpets for a few more hours. What a great excuse to spend some time on Pinterest. And get caught up on my 700+ page book club book, which I am determined to finish by next Friday. Ack! Next Friday! Mollie agrees with me and curled up on the chair closet to the fireplace.
And here he is again after I woke him up snapping pictures:
Doesn't he look like he's saying, "Bitch, please!"? I also started planning my St. Patrick's day decor and moved some things around in the living room. Remember these from last week's thriftin?
I wasn't quite sure what to do with them, so I put some bit & baubles on top and displayed them on a table in the living room. I didn't have three pillar candles, so I used what I had. I'm sure I'll change my mind, and maybe even paint the silver parts off white someday. But until then, I like the way they look.
And now I've exerted myself way too much and need to get back to napping on the sofa in front of the fire. Happy Valentine's Day, my friends. I'll leave you with this quote from "Love Actually", my sister's favorite movie:
“Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”
And here he is again after I woke him up snapping pictures:
Doesn't he look like he's saying, "Bitch, please!"? I also started planning my St. Patrick's day decor and moved some things around in the living room. Remember these from last week's thriftin?
I wasn't quite sure what to do with them, so I put some bit & baubles on top and displayed them on a table in the living room. I didn't have three pillar candles, so I used what I had. I'm sure I'll change my mind, and maybe even paint the silver parts off white someday. But until then, I like the way they look.




No comments:
Post a Comment