Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Craft Tuesday

This morning I finalized my Valentine's Day mantel. Notice the difference? Here's the before pic:
Right! I added some felt hearts (using leftover felt from another craft project) to the grapevine wreath. I thought that the wreath needed a little somethin' somethin'. I downloaded some heart templates (just google "free heart templates") and cut them out lickety split.
You might say that I've been a little obsessed lately about decorating the mantel. It's all because of Pinterest. They post such great ideas that I just HAVE to copy them! Speaking of Pinterest.... I saw this the other day:
7 days of love notes and treats for Valentine's week. Seriously great idea. I filled up a pill box with candy and goodies and downloaded a **free** sheet of love quotes from thedatingdivas website. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Totally awesome Valentine's Day gifts don't have to cost a fortune! I've been working on a "52 Reasons Why I Love You" deck of cards, but I can't seem to find a template for the cards that I like. Which means that I will have to make one of my own, and I'm HORRIBLE at doing that kind of thing. So maybe I'll just bust out my scrapbooking skillz to finish this one. I was hoping to have that completed today, but it looks like that will be a project for another day! What have you crafted lately?

No comments: