Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Andy Williams fans take note: There are a million Andy Williams albums at the thrift store on West Broad Street. A. Freakin'. Million. And my DH just happens to be an Andy Williams fan. Seriously. No, he's not 70. I tell him all the time that I married the oldest 42 year old around. He's just a good old fashioned, small town guy. And I love that about him. So I found these today for $.90 each at the thrift store and thought they would make a good V-Day gift for my man. It will make him happy, and it cost less than $4. I also scored some Julie Andrew albums! I snatched those up quicker than you can say "My Fair Lady Soundtrack"! Love Julie Andrews. I also picked up these beauties at the Volunteers of America shop:
They are super heavy. Don't they look oh-so-shabby-chic? I thought so. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave them as is or paint them white. At first I thought they were silver, but they are stamed "made in China" on the bottom and I couldn't find any type of silver marking, so I don't think they are. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I love them! I found a few other goodies while thrifting with Shannon, like a cool wood picture frame that I'm going to paint off white and put chicken wire behind. Yes, chicken wire. I happen to have some leftover from when I had to keep a bunny out of my garden last summer! And I scored a couple of cool milk glass items for super cheap. And I found a couple of milk glass pieces that rocked. I'm trying to listen to Shannon's advice when she says not to go crazy at thrift stores. Her point is that, even though it's cheap, you don't want to end up with a bunch of stuff that you don't do anything with "just because". But it's tough. You also have to consider the real cost, or final price, of an item. If it costs you more after you buy the craft supplies (paint, etc...) to pimp something out, it may have made more sense to just buy it from etsy. So I try to think of what I have at home to fix things up as I'm considering my purchases. The real fun of Thrify Thursdays, though, is spending time with my friend, Shannon. She's so smart and funny and we always have a great time together! Thank you, Shannon, for introducing me to the fabulous world of thrifting!

No comments: