
Hey, Curt, what's with the blue velvet shirt?
Last Wednesday, when I was sure I was about to die from a sore throat, I was woken up during my mid-afternoon nap by some crazy noise in my backyard. Sure enough, there was my dad out there mowing my lawn. (Note - it had been a while since my backyard had been mowed.... Actually quite a while. He had to mow it twice.) Curt even loaded up his brand spankin' new trimmer (courtesy of his daughters) to make sure the edges were done to his liking. Now how wonderful is that? I don't know many dads that drive 40 minutes across town to mow their daughters' lawn. Well, that's just the kind of dad I have.
As you can see from the picture above, he's pretty much always been about his girls. You can't see it here, but he's reading to me. And I, according to my mom, am eating a hot dog. Yes, even at an early age I was all about food and books.

And I have always been a daddy's girl.... By the way, is that a 70's kitchen or what?
Many of you know my dad. And most people will agree that he is one of the best people ever. Ever. I hate that I didn't see him on Father's Day, but I was just way too sick to participate in a family event that day. I just don't have enough room to list all the things that make my dad so great. I'll just say this: I'm so, so, so lucky to have this guy for a dad. And I'm so thankful that I'm back in Columbus so that I get to see my family so often. Happy belated Father's Day, dad! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment