The weekend before Father's Day I went to North Carolina to visit my BFF and her family. Her oldest girls (Emma and Lily) had their first dance recital and they invited me to come see them. It was quite the crazy weekend. As soon as I arrived on Friday, Lori and I took off for Scrap Mania at her local Archiver's. The next morning, Lori ran a 5k and I took Lily for some special "Auntie Time" (Note: "Auntie Time" = shopping). Afterwards, we had to rush to get ready for Emma's dance recital. We had to pile the makeup on the girls so that they could be seen from the audience. Lori told me, "Make sure you bring your makeup because we need to make the girls look trashy". Really? So I was the designated makeup artist. Sunday? Church, Lunch, Emma's "Auntie Time", then Lily's recital. The girls take dance at a pretty large studio. At least it was large enough for them to do 5 separate productions of Snow White. Yes, that's right, 5. And, wouldn't you know it, Emma and Lily were on different days. And they only gave 4 tickets per kid per show, which stinks for my BFF's family b/c there are 4 kids, lots of grandparents and a couple of Aunties. I was lucky enough to go both nights. I know I'm biased, but Lily and Emma were really, really good. Lily saw us in the crowd and waved. It was enough to bring a tear to your eye! Admittedly, I was a little bored the first night.... It was a looooong program! But I got over that the second that Emma came out afterwards and ran straight to me. I'm sure it's only b/c 1) her mom wasn't there and 2) her dad was the one that came to their 'holding cell' to get her, but still....I felt pretty darn special and was soooo glad that I made the trip.

Emma was a hip hop dancer. Doesn't she look oh-so-thug here?

Lily was a feather duster. How cute is this outfit? That's Julia in the background. She was my make up assistant.
1 comment:
Boy they are cute!
Post a Comment