Sunday, June 27, 2010

Couch to 5k

I've set a goal for myself to run a 5k by the end of September. Don't laugh. I'm serious. My inspiration? My BFF, Lori. When I was in NC a few weeks ago, she ran a 5k and had been working really hard to get ready for it. And, by the way, it was at least 90 degrees the morning of the run, so she gets bonus points for doing it. My sister and mom are going to run it with me, which I'm really excited about. Yes, this is the same sister that runs marathons, but I think she will be very supportive.

So today I started my training. I won't bore you with the details, but the first week is basically 30 minute runs where you alternate jogging and walking. I about died. Died. Those of you that are in shape and actually enjoy running, try not to fall out of your chair laughing. But I did learn 3 things today:

1) I can do anything I put my mind to.

2) I am really, really, REALLY out of shape.

3) I need a better sports bra.

Enough said.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You should facebook Nic Ziccardi...he runs all the time and is always looking for running partners. He is a great resource for that, plus close by!