
I've always been a big fan of the library. And I'm happy to be back in a city with such an awesome library. Akron's pretty much stunk.... Actually, Erie (of all places) has a really nice library. It overlooks the water and it attached to a museum. I don't even mind paying late fees. Because I believe that libraries are pretty much the best use of our tax dollars (besides schools).
When I was little I took a book into the bathtub with me and dropped it in the water. My mom made me take it in to the library and explain to the librarian what happened and apologize. (I know! How mean was that???) But the librarian looked at me and said, "That's okay. When we love books, sometimes we want to take them everywhere with us". So Cheryl was a little disappointed that day. She thought that her daughter would learn a big life lesson about respecting books. I don't know who the librarian's name.....I was probably 5 at the time....but that kind lady is probably who helped turn me into the book whore that I am today. Well, I do owe some thanks to my parents who taught me to read also!
I had a lot of big plans for my day off today. I was going to do some painting, catch up on laundry, clean my floors. Instead I spent the morning checking out icanhascheezeburger.com and I suspect I'll spend the afternoon reading. Oh well....
No comments:
Post a Comment