
I am so excited for the big game today! And, no, I'm not talking a bout the Super Bowl. I have no interest whatsoever in that! Well, to be honest, I am a little bit intrigued to see the Taco Bell commercial w/ Charles Barkley in it....but that's about it. I am talking about the matchup this afternoon between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Washington Capitals. Now, I'm sure you're wondering, "Why is this game such a big deal"? Let me tell you. It's a big deal because Sidney Crosby (shown above with my real favorite Penguin, Evgeni Malkin) and Alexander Ovechkin (who plays for the Capitals) are probably what most people consider to be the #1 and #2 players in the NHL. Sidney Crosby, for those of you who don't know is a hockey wonder. He's just a baby - only 21 - but he is good. So freakin' good it's scary! Until this week, he was the #1 scorer in the NHL. Yep, that's right, he was de-throned by Ovechkin. It's always a big deal when they're together, on or off of the ice.


So Sid's at 37 goals and Alex is at 39. Now, I'm not a big fan of Ovechkin, but the guy is good. And this afternoon's game will be one heck of a good one. The Capitals beat the Pens the last time they played, so I'm sure my guys will be out for blood today. Game's on at noon....and I think it's even on one of the major channels (I believe NBC). Anyways, check it out. You won't be disappointed. And, in case you can't get enough of Sidney Crosby after watching him today, you'll be happy to know that you will be able to see him at the Winter Olympics. Team Canada, of course.

And, in case neither Hockey nor Football float your boat, "The Sound of Music" is on TV tonight. 7pm. Possibly the best. movie. ever. That's what I'll be watching tonight!
2 comments:
So you're a hockey chick huh? Cool. I'll be watching the commercials and tivo-ing through the superbowl tonight, lol, with a big bowl of chili and nachos.
Oh and I love the Sound of Music! One because it was my parents' first date, and two because my man's family came from Austria and I think it's neat.
Post a Comment