
"Your blog sucks". This is the feedback I received from my mother last night at dinner. As if I didn't get her drift, she went on... "I liked your blog so much better when you lived in Erie. You kept it current then". I politely reminded her that I was unemployed and then in training for part of the time that I was in Erie, so I had much more time on my hands. Plus, if I wasn't at work, it was probably snowing 12" or more, so I was trapped inside my house with no entertainment save my computer. But let me stop before I get too sidetracked.....
So, mom, this one's for you.
My mother is crazy. Crazy for gnomes that is. Seriously, she loves loves loves gnomes. Personally, I think they're a little frightening. She's made an entire gnome garden. Dead serious. The left side of the house (outside, of course) is filled with the little things. She has an OSU gnome, a Santa gnome....and the list goes on. I'm not quite sure when Cheryl discovered her love for gnomes, but it has to be relatively recently, because she "only" has about a dozen. On her b-day, she received yet another one from my father. (Thanks, Curt, for feeding her insanity.) We decided it would be funny to gather up her gnomes all around her and take a picture so we could mock her forever. So here she is...the Gnome Queen in all her glory.
Author's Note: For more fascinating information on gnomes, consult wikipedia. Also, just for kicks, go to etsy.com and type in gnomes. There is an incredible amount of gnome shiz you can buy. There are some strange people out there.....
3 comments:
I'm gonna have to find Nana Cheryl an NC gnome before we come up there...I'm so on it...maybe I can get down to Carolina Pottery soon - bet they have 1000s of gnomes!
I'm SURE that Carolina Pottery is all about the gnomes!
I'm so excited!!! Now, I must get a gnome door for the tree before the girls get here.
Post a Comment