So, for years .... basically as long as I can remember, my grandma has made a bunny cake for Easter dinner. And this year proved to be no exception! There was a little bit of a debate this year, because my mom had already planned dessert and my grandma still insisted on bringing "the cake". Little did Cheryl know, I had already written a letter to g'ma requesting it. Please note: My mother is not a heartless bitch who enjoys disappointing 88 year olds. She just didn't want my grandma to go to the trouble. And to be honest, no one really eats much of it anymore. But, gosh darn it, the bunny cake reminds me of my childhood. And I still want that cake as long as Helen Hilton is still alive and can hold a mixer! So here it is....the bunny cake. Isn't it cute??
Thursday, May 7, 2009
The Bunny Cake
So, for years .... basically as long as I can remember, my grandma has made a bunny cake for Easter dinner. And this year proved to be no exception! There was a little bit of a debate this year, because my mom had already planned dessert and my grandma still insisted on bringing "the cake". Little did Cheryl know, I had already written a letter to g'ma requesting it. Please note: My mother is not a heartless bitch who enjoys disappointing 88 year olds. She just didn't want my grandma to go to the trouble. And to be honest, no one really eats much of it anymore. But, gosh darn it, the bunny cake reminds me of my childhood. And I still want that cake as long as Helen Hilton is still alive and can hold a mixer! So here it is....the bunny cake. Isn't it cute??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah that's pretty adorable. My sister's old babysitter always made one for each of her kids to take home, covered in coconut for the fur.
Post a Comment