Today is New Year's Day....the day that I traditionally blog about my New Year's Resolutions. Well, I'm going to put that off for a few days and recap the holiday season for ya'll. I've been scrapbooking today with Cheryl (aka mom) while my Tommy and Curt are up in the loft watching football. (Apparently today is a big day for those football-watching types.) They say you will spend the year doing what you do on New Year's. So hanging out with family and my man is what I'll be doing a lot of in 2011, I'm okay with that!
I have officially survived my 19th Christmas in retail. Wow!! I never, ever, ever thought I'd be this old! :-) Honestly, this year wasn't too bad. I tried very hard to focus on the happy guests and not let the mean, grouchy, rude ones ruin my day. Plus, I gotta admit, Tom made things so easy on me. More than once I came home to find him waiting there for me with dinner. I am so very lucky to have such an understanding better half!
I did manage to find time this holiday season to join my family (the Starner clan) in Logan for Thanksgiving. Tom got to meet everyone, which was (I think) a little overwhelming for him. We also spent the Christmas Day with Tom's family in Springfield and with my family here in Columbus. Another exciting winter trip is right around the corner. In mid January, I'm taking Tom to North Carolina to meet the Potter family. I'm very excited about this, but a little apprehensive, as the girls can be a little much for those that aren't used to them. But I love me some Potter children, so Tom needs to get used to them!
Plus, we go back to normal operating hours next week. 10am - 9pm thankyouverymuch! No more of this 6am-midnight...or....much worse....88 hours straight! Yikes! Good for business, bad for your sleep schedule! And now I have two days off! In a row! Two whole days off!!! I haven't had an entire weekend off since early November and I'm going to spend it wisely! Happy new year to all my family and friends! I'm so excited about 2011!!! It will be a good year!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am utterly happy for you and digging the cozy scene you are describing for your two days off. Happy New Year Erin!!!
Post a Comment