Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Well, it's that time again. Yep. For the past 2 years I've done pretty good about keeping my New Year's Resolutions. Of course, I included resolutions such as "Eat more cheese" and "Take more bubble baths". So I can't get tooo much credit, can I? My friend, Shannon, is calling her New Year's Resolutions "Areas of Focus". Hmmmm.... I like that. So I think I'll copy that idea. So, without further ado, here are my Areas of Focus, 2011 edition:

1) Health & Fitness - I'm not going to call it a diet. But I need to get fit in 2011. I was doing pretty good in the fall with my running....just need to start it up again. Of course, the idea of having over 100 eyes on me as I walk down the aisle in 277 days is a pretty good motivator. And I want him to be able to carry me over the thresh hold without maiming himself. But, most importantly, I want to be able to live a long time so I can have many years with my Tommy.

2) Financial Responsibility - Tom and I are working very diligently to enter into our marriage debt free, and I want to continue on this path! Plus, I'm used to buying whatever I want. I need to do a better job of asking myself, "Do I want it or do I need it?" Of course when I want it, the answer is always a resounding, "Yes, I need it!".....but I digress.

3) No Bridezilla - My family....for some reason....seems to think that I will turn into a bridezilla during this wedding planning. I don't think I will, but I need to remember that it's all about the marriage, not the wedding day. I think my family and dear friends will keep me in check. :-)

I'm sure I will think of others, but this is a start! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

277 days? A date has been set? My math is not so good, help a girl out, will ya?

Erin said...

October 8th! Theknot.com has a countdown, so every time I log on I see the days. :-)