
Back in the day, I loved me some Michael Jackson. This was back before, as my BFF posted on her blog, "he got all white and crazy". (Seriously - she is one of the funniest people in the world. You must read her blog.) I've spent the better part of today watching MTV. One of the MTV channels (remember when MTV only had 1 channel...) is playing MJ videos non-stop. It's gotten me feeling all nostalgic-like for those middle school days. I remember memorizing the words to the songs on the Thiller album like it was my job! We made up dance routines to "P.Y.T". Remember when the "Thriller" video came out? It was a big deal. Big with a capital B. We knew the times it was playing (8:00pm, 10:00pm, etc...) and waited with anticipation. When is the last time a video premiere was that big of a deal? I hadn't seen any MJ videos in a looooong time, and watching them made me realize how much he has influenced the world of music. Can you watch a Michael Jackson video without seeing Usher or (my future husband) Justin Timberlake? Or even NKOTB? There are many words that people have been using to describe Michael Jackson these past few days. Crazy. Misunderstood. Evil. Genius. Groudbreaking. I prefer to think of the Michael Jackson from back in the day. Back in the day (I guess it would have been 1982) when he was ultra-cool and had just released an album that truly kicked ass!
PS - Isn't "Man in the Mirror" an amazing song?
1 comment:
I love the man in the mirror
Post a Comment