So my bff, Lori, loaded up her 4 kids and came to visit me this week. Yep - that's right. 4 kids. Please note, all of them are under 6! And have I mentioned that they live in North Carolina? Is that woman a saint or what?? I was so excited to see them.... My house went from 1 (plus Mollie) to 6 for a few days and, let me tell you, it was utter chaos. But it was a good chaos because I was soooo happy that they were here! Lori's hubby was really busy at work this week, so unfortunately he couldn't join them, but we still had a wicked good time. We went to the Columbus Zoo, did a little shopping, and went to my parents' cottage for an afternoon. Admittedly our evenings weren't very exciting. For the most part they consisted of us drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade (Light, of course), playing our Nintendo DSs and watching last season's True Blood episodes. Ahhhh....adulthood. When did we get so lame? But honestly, I don't have to do much of anything to have fun w/ my bff. I was able to recover the house a little today, but I miss them! I'm sure Lori's glad to be home. I'm so thankful that they were able to come visit. The girls are sooooo funny! I don't know where they come up with some things. Here's a sample:
Emma: "Auntie, how many dates do you have to go on before you can kiss on the lips?"
Me: "Uhhhh. 100 at least."
Lily: "What do you do on a first date?"
Me: "You shake his hand and say 'Thank you for a very nice evening'."
You're welcome, Lori.
And then there was the moment at the zoo when Lily loudly announced that she had beer for breakfast. (She didn't, of course!) Maybe Auntie should do a better job of throwing away her beer caps.... And, for the record, I don't have beer for breakfast either.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
100 dates, heh heh, you kill me
Post a Comment