So during my evening commute today I receive a photo message from my mom. That in itself is pretty good considering that she has just recently learned the fine art of texting. She sends me a pic of a sign for a tattoo shop....The Blue Lotus Tattoo shop to be specific. It's official. Cheryl has lost her mind.
Some background information: My mom has this friend....we'll call her Ann. (Ok - that really IS her name. I'm just too tired tonight to think of a good fake name.) They were BFFs in High School and they lived together at Ohio State. (I think that's how the story goes.....) Anyways, they've gotten close again recently now that they are both retired and crazy. Ann lives in Alabama and it seems like they are ALWAYS together. Cheryl will deny this, but for people who live states and states apart, they are often in the same state at the same time. But I'm okay with that, because Ann has good taste and they do some good shopping when they are together. And I have it all worked out that - God forbid - if something happens to Cheryl & Curtie, Ann is going to adopt me.
So ANYWHO.... Ann drove up from Alabama, spent the better part of last week in Ohio, and left with mom yesterday to drive to Wisconsin to visit another old college girlfriend. Are you kidding me??? That's a LOT of driving if you ask me! But, alas, no one did, so off they went. I told my mom that I was going to call them OWAA - Older Women Across America. I called mom right after I received the tattoo shop text and she just did a lot of giggling. I suggested she get something bad ass tattooed on her - like a quilt with flames coming out the sides - but she said they already have it all figured out. I think she may have been drunk.
I just hope she makes it back from her cross country shenanigans safe and sound. I think I may have to have her committed. And I could...I have medical power of attorney. So don't push me, Cheryl.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am going to get a tattoo when I'm 60, and it will look like this tag my brother in law sent me that said "Beware: You've Been Scrapbooked!" like in that script you see on the motorcycle shows, lol.
Post a Comment