Friday, January 2, 2009

Public Service Announcement

People, when making a purchase....either for yourself or for a gift.....keep the following in mind:
1) Keep your receipt.
2) Give a gift receipt.
3) Keep your receipt.

If you don't do #1 or #2:
1) Accept the fact that you may not be able to return said item.
2) Look at this as a great opportunity to regift or donate.

I remember that I received 3 Superstar Barbies one year. Did my mom take any of them back? No! They were gifts. So I kept them. And, damnit, I was still a happy kid!

This message has been brought to you by the Grumpy Retailers Association. :-)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

you know, I just washed the gift receipt for my son's second "my first chemistry set" from his Godmother. Oops. I guess we already have one for his brother, lol, or the emergency bday party gift! People trying to return stuff w/ no receipt really deserves a big "seriously?"

Erin said...

You might want to call the store and just ask them. I don't mind people trying to return something w/o a receipt. It never hurts to ask, right? It's just when they start throwing a fit and yelling about how they spend thousands of dollars in your store and they'll never shop there again....that's when they get on my nerves!