Sunday, December 28, 2008

Headband Woes

I got a couple of really cute headbands in my stocking this year from my sister. There is one in particular that I love - it's plaid. And I love me some plaid. In fact, my sister used to call me "The Queen of Plaid" because I used to be so into it. But I digress.... Today is a family Christmas event, and I had planned on wearing this super cute sweater that matched my super adorable new headband. But, here's the problem - it doesn't fit my head! Well, it does, but it hurts like crazy! And slides around funny. Just doesn't look good at all. This is because I have a freakishly large head. Seriously. A huge noggin. No one really comes right out and says it, but my friends know it's true. (Well, except for my friend Katie who once said, "Yeah...you do have a big melon".) I long to wear cute headbands and lust after stylish hats. Last year I got one of those scarf, hat, mitten combos, but the hat shot off my head like a rocket after about 10 seconds. I have to just resign myself to the fact that I will never be able to wear a super cute hat. If I want to wear a hat, it needs to be a baseball hat or nothing. I don't really know where I get the huge head from because no one in my family has a really big head. My sister has flat feet. I think she got the better deal.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I would reckon being that your name is Erin you are descended from the Irish and/or Scots? If so I totally get the plaid thing; it suits you.