Okay, as you may remember, my sister has been training for months now for a marathon. Every week she runs an insane amount of miles. No one should put her body through what she goes through to run. Seriously. You should see her feet - ick. But, when I think about why she's doing this, I am SOOOOOO proud of her. Amanda is running in the Walt Disney World Marathon in January as part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training. My cousin, Sarah, was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia 5 years ago at age 12, and has been fighting it all the way ever since then. I wish I could explain to you what a cool kid she is. So polite and smart and funny. What amazes me the most about Sarah is how she is just so positive about everything. She really is an incredible young lady. It's a horrible disease, but especially unfair when a child gets sick. (By the way - I can't believe she's going to be 18 in January! I am getting so old! I still remember her as a 5 year old...) Anywho, Amanda needs to raise $3000 to run in this marathon and she's only about 1/2 way there. So I'm hoping that some of my friends will losen their purse strings and give to a good cause. I know it's Christmas and everyone's spending lots of money and times are tougher.... But it doesn't have to be a lot of cash to make a big difference. 1 grande White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks costs $4.03. And you might as well go ahead and round that up to $5 because you're just going to throw the change in the ashtray of your car. So, this Christmas, give up 1 White Chocolate Mocha and help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (and my sister....and my cousin.....)!
By the way.... I can't figure out how to post a link on my blog.....so you'll have to cut and past the web address for Amanda's fund raising site:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/soh/wdw09/ahiltonpsq
Thank you!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment