Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cutest. Baby. Ever



I am tired. Exhausted with a capital E. Spent. There is nothing left. My feet are killing me and I'm a shell of my former self. Yes, I work retail. There is nothing like dealing with the throngs of last minute shoppers to suck the Christmas spirit right out of you. This week started off well enough. Santa waved at me yesterday on my way to work. Well, it was the Santa advertising for Eastpointe Apartments on Broad St., but still....Santa waved at me. Then, I got a free Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate at Starbucks! Things were definitely looking up. I even tuned my radio to Christmas music. Then I got to work. That's where things turned ugly. A woman called me a "stupid fat bitch" because we didn't have the Nerf Vulcan that she wanted for her kid. Seriously? It's 3 days before Christmas and you have the audacity to ask me, "What am I going to tell my son on Christmas Day?" SERIOUSLY??? Now, I'll give her fat. And I admit, I can be a bit of a bitch at times (even though I was being so nice to her). But I am NOT stupid!! Unbelievable. But when I checked my BFF's blog today, she had posted pics of her new baby, Jacob. Isn't he the sweetest?? So cute it just about killed me! If that doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, I don't know what will!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh, Erin! You poor thing! People who work in retail deserve double their salary this time of year to put up with all the people (ugh - parents!) on crack!!!