I tried to put Mollie's Thanksgiving hat on him last night, but he hid from me. I found him in my dark office hiding.... How cute is he? So I'm feeling a little blue today because it's Thanksgiving tomorrow and I'm away from my family. And every muscle in my body aches from working 12 hours. Seriously. I could hardly walk up the stairs tonight. I think I'll list what I'm thankful for this year:
1) My family. Seriously. I have some of the coolest relatives ever. My sister is sooooo funny and hip (even if she's a little obsessive about her puppy). My parents so do not look like senior citizens. And they send text messages! Seriously. Who has parents that text? I would guess not that many! I'm so lucky to have a grandma that's still with us...not many people my age can say that! (GASP! Did I just say "my age"???) And aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.... that rock. I don't see them often enough, but I think of them all often. Of course some of them are nuttier than fruitcake.... Disclaimer: For those relatives that may be reading this, I'm talking about the OTHER side of the family! :-)
2) I am relatively healthy. Of course I have ample junk in the trunk, but overall, I am pretty lucky in this area! Okay...I could be in a lot better shape, but this is Thanksgiving. New Year's resolution time!
3) I am thankful that I don't work for KMart! They are open tomorrow. On Thanksgiving. Seriously? I mean, come on, KMart! WTF? Let your people have one stinkin' day off! And speaking of jobs, I am thankful I have one. Even though I don't love it right now, I'm excited that I am able to move back to Columbus to be closer to my family. And I am happy that I have a pretty cool boss. That means a lot. Especially since my last one was a mean old crone. (Okay, I know that wasn't nice, but I can't be all hugs and kisses today!)
4) I have a great house. I love this house. I love it more than my last house, which I loved too! I'll be really sad to leave it..... But I'm lucky that am able to have had such a great house.
5) I am thankful for my friends. I have some really cool friends that are always there for me no matter what. I am sometimes amazed that I attract such wonderful people. The past few months (heck, the past year and half!) have been tough, but there are a few people I can always turn to.....
Okay - I feel better! Happy Thanksgiving to my friends and family! I love you!
2 comments:
So sweet. I love you. Mom
Hey, Erin! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! We're all sitting around after we all ate an entire 23 pound turkey and Bryan's 20 pound ham - LOL! We miss you very much and look forward to having you closer to all of us. Don't work too hard tomorrow and save some energy for packing up to come back home. Columbus has lots of beautiful houses too and Bryan can help you with all the financial stuff - serioulsy!!! I logged on with Amanda's account because I'm not on my computer.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Sandy
Post a Comment