
Okay... so this is what I see when I pulled in to my Target at 11am Saturday morning. Truly the picture doesn't do it justice. I counted 13 buses from Canada in the Target parking lot! 13 BUSES!!!! SERIOUSLY? IS ERIE THAT MUCH OF A DRAW FOR CANADIANS??? Well, the answer is yes! I struck up a conversation with some perfectly cheerful Canadian ladies and they told me that the tax in Ontario is 14%. Yikes! So our zero tax on clothing and 6% on everything else in Pennsylvanis is certainly appealing. And Erie just happens to be the closest place in PA to Canada. Lucky us. Locals (Erians??? Erites???) have a love / hate relationship with Canadians. They make shopping in Erie on weekends M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E. And although I know I am prone to exaggeration, I am not kidding on this one! However, those money-spending northerners certainly help local businesses! Mom & dad are coming up this weekend to help me pack and I'm going to take them by the mall and Target so they can see for themselves. It's something you just don't believe until you see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment