Sunday, January 29, 2012

Latest Addiction

I am in love. I think about it morning and night. I toss and turn at night, my mind a flutter with ideas. Yep, that's right. I've (somewhat) recently discovered Pinterest. It's an online site that lets you bookmark or "pin" things you like. You create boards to help you catagorize your interests. And it's really, really cool. There are a million ideas from people way craftier than I am, so I am thrilled when they post cute and simple crafts. Because I love to steal their ideas. I wish I knew about this when I was wedding planning last year! Today I busted out this cute banner that a blogger that I really like had posted (simple as that blog):
I hung the banner on the mirror that sits on the mantel and added these pimped out LOVE letters:
I covered cardboard letters from JoAnn's with V-Day themed scrapbook papers. It was a super inexpensive project and pretty easy. I was inspired, of course, by another crafter who posted something very similar. I'm thinking that I could even do HO HO HO for Christmas. Wouldn't that be adorable?
Pretty cute mantel, don't you think? I think it still needs a little something.... Maybe a dash of red (felt flower or heart, maybe?) on the grapevine wreath.
I also saw a frame similar to this one on Pinterest. I made it when the girls were visiting, intending to save it for Valentine's Day. But my hubby had a rough day yesterday, so I decided to put it on his bedside table as a surprise. He loved it. You simply use a dry erase marker to change out your reasons. If you haven't been introduced to Pinterest, do yourself a favor and check it out. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love your mantel! I must make a banner now too!