Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Road Trip

The week before last, Tom & I went to North Carolina to see my favorite southern family, The Potters. I usually go visit them in January, but this year the date was planned in advance because it was Paul's 40th birthday. 40. I can't believe that all of my friends are turning 40. I didn't know the crowd I hung with was so old. Anyways, it was a super long drive because it rained the entire trip. And by entire trip, I do mean the ENTIRE TRIP. My poor hubby drove almost the whole way (what a guy)! We had a great time planning for the surprise party. Paul is exctremely difficult to trick, and I suspect he knew more about the party than he admitted to, but it was a great time. Lori's friend made this super awesome cake (pictured above), while Lori & I were responsible for the suckers and hot tamale display. We were pretty darn proud of ourselves, and think they turned out pretty cute! Most of the time in NC was dedicated to party prep, but Lori and I managed to squeeze in some shopping (of course). The party was Friday night, and on Saturday the adults were able to sneak away to The Melting Pot for a birthday dinner for Paul. (Thank you, Gagi!) The kids were somewhat grouchy on Saturday, probably becuase they were all up so late on Friday night. Poor Jacob refused to leave the party and fell asleep on Daddy's lap while we were playing board games. So, as you can imagine, it was nice to leave it all behind for a few hours and have a nice dinner with Lori and Paul.
We left first thing Sunday morning, with Emma & Lily in tow. They spent the entire week last week with us, and we had a blast. More about that, though, at a later time!

No comments: