Monday, September 5, 2011

Cohabitation

The first full week of Tom and I cohabitating has come to a close. Let me first say that I never thought that I'd be living with someone before marriage. But, we're now 32 days away from the wedding. Seeing how I just mailed the final checks to the baker/photographer/DJ/florist, I figure that this is pretty much a sure thing. And I'm really glad that we have this moving stuff over with, because the next 30 days will be a whirlwind With that said, I have learned a few things about living with someone:

1) Living with someone is a lot different than them just being at your house all the time. Very. Different.
2) I didn't know that it was possible for someone to watch football from noon-midnight and not be completely sick of it. And....along the same lines.....
3) It is possible for someone to watch sports at the same time on two tvs. In two separate rooms.
4) Having another person in the house triples your laundry. I know that my friends with kids have ABSOLUTELY NO sympathy for me on this one. And, to be fair, Tom really doesn't have that much laundry. It just seems that way.
5) Tom is a morning person. Seriously. There's no middle ground. If he's awake, he's wide awake, happy and talkative. Me, not so much.
6) Choose your battles.
7) If you want a man to do something, you need to flat out tell him! There is no need to say,"Gee..I wish that someone would (start a load of laundry / take me out for dinner / whatever miscellaneous thing you want him to do)...."! You need to ask. Men don't get hints. And they also don't respond well when you say, "Well, I shouldn't have HAD to ask".
And, I would be remiss if I didn't add this one:
8) I am happier than I've ever been in my life.

No comments: