I've always been a fan of plaid. Plaid and his cousin, argyle. The love affair started early. When I was in elementary school I had a paid of long, purple corduroy shorts that I wore with an argyle sweater vest. It was a rockin' look. At least I thought it was. I still look back on that outfit fondly....
My sister used to call me the Queen of Plaid. She gave me this title after visiting me when I lived in Raleigh. At that time, I had decorative touches of plaid. Only small doses, mind you. A plaid pillow here, a plaid shower curtain there. Certainly not enough to deserve a heapin' helpin' of mockery. For years, I stayed away from plaid...afraid of being tormented by my sister. But I always longed for plaid.
Well, no longer will I be ashamed to decorate with or wear plaid. The truth of the matter is, I love me some plaid. And does plaid ever really go out of style? People (ok - well Scots) have been wearing plaid for hundreds of years? And Burberry? Is it ever NOT classy?
So, this fall, I'm determined to embrace plaid as much as I like. I love it. Love. Love. Love it. And I don't care what my sister thinks. So there.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fall is the time for plaid. And I assume you are of either Scots or Irish lineage; plaid suits you ;-)
Post a Comment