Okay. Those of you who know me well know that I love me some bubble baths. Love them. And I especially love them in my new home, because my bathtub kicks ass. There's also a big window above the tub that allows for the sweetest little breeze. (Note - this window will come into play soon.) I also love the ritual of preparing the perfect bubble bath. Lighting my favorite candle (Tocca 007), selecting my favorite bubbles (currently loving Lollia), picking out a book, etc....
The other day was a particular grueling one at work. Primarily because I went in at 4am. And, seriously, that is ridiculous! I had worked 13 hours and literally every muscle ached by the time I reached home. A bubble bath was JUST what I needed. So I poured a big glass of wine and began my bath preparations. Once I was happily enveloped in bubbles....Mollie comes peaking into the bathroom. He looked at me...looked at the glass of wine and book perched on the ledge of the tub...and looked longingly at the window. Now, you all know how cats love windows. And Mo is truly no exception. I explained to Mollie that Mommy needed some alone time and now was not the time to jump into the window. Of course he paid no attention and hopped up anyways.
All was bliss for about 20 minutes. Then Mollie wanted to get down. I could tell he was thinking, "Oh shit, how do I get out of here now???" Just as I said, "Let Mommy help you down", he jumped for it. Jumped on the ledge of the tub, slipped into the tub, taking my still-pretty-full glass of wine with him. So now I have a pissed off cat in my bathtub along with a broken wine glass. Not a safe situation. I managed to get Mo out first, and he immediately retreated into a guest room to hide. Getting me out without getting my booty cut on glass was not so easy! What a bath-tastrophie! I tried to get a picture of Mollie all wet and angry, but he wouldn't let me get near him for a couple of hours. But - oh my - what a sight!
Don't worry, dear friends, I have learned a lesson from all of this. I know put my wine in a plastic cup! Cheeers!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's hysterical! Wow I don't remember the last time I had wine in the tub. I need that!
Post a Comment