Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tour de Cure

I'm so proud of my husband.  He participated in the Tour de Cure today.  Rode 30 miles - which is impressive in it's own right, but I'm even more proud of him because he of WHY he did it.  A few months ago his brother, Gary, told him that he was going to participate in this race to benefit the American Diabetes Association.  Then he said, "Why don't you do it with me?".  Without hesitation, my husband said, "Yes!  That's a great idea!"  And it meant it from the bottom of his heart.  He really looks up to his big brother, and wanted to be there to support him.  And it was for a good cause.  And because he's just a good person.  If my sister would have asked me to run a half marathon with her, I would have shouted "Hellz NO".  Actually I would have collapsed to the floor in a fit of giggles, then I would have shouted, "Hellz NO".   And then I would have had some ice cream, because just thinking about doing a crazy amount of exercise makes me hungry.  But not my Tommy.  He has a heart of gold and is, quite simply, one of the best people I know.  That's one of the (many) reasons why I married him. 


He did great!  The 30 mile ride started at 10:30am from Westerville Central High School.  They went from Westerville to Johnstown and back.  It was sooo hot!  He hardly looked winded when he crossed the finish line.  What a champ!




Here's a picture of the brothers a the end of the day.  Tired.  Sweaty.  But happy.  Way to go!!  We're so proud of you both!

No comments: