Thursday, November 24, 2011

Black Friday Reminders

As I type this, several of my good friends are preparing themselves for a long night of work. In fact, a few of them have to be at work as early as 6pm to open their stores at 9pm. Ridiculous. Can you imagine handling hordes of Black Friday shoppers with a turkey hangover?? Me? I am thankful to not be working on Black Friday for the first time in 20 years. One of my friends, who is a store manager, posted this earlier today. I think it's a good reminder for all of you who may be shopping tonight or tomorrow.

I just want to set the ground rules for you shoppers:

1. If it says "Limited", that means the number of items we have. If you thought there would be more than 20-30 of them, you are wrong. Don't be #400 in line and wonder why the hot item is gone!

2. If the line is long outside, it is going to be long inside for the registers as well. Use your head! If you don't want to wait for 30 minutes i...n a checkout line, come in later!

3. Those people in front of you working, they have a family too! Remember, if we had more stuff, we'd love to get it for you, but Santa's Workshop isn't in the back...so when we are out of something, get over it!

4. Do us a favor, don't tell us "This is nuts!", "I hate this!", etc. You are a part of what is nuts and what you hate. Just be jolly and focus on keeping yourself and others safe!

5. Most important, how about just a little class and respect. A lot of hard work goes into making your 20 minute trip value added for you. Instead of yelling or complaining, how about a "Thank You" and "Great Job"!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Good ideas, I wish people would have a little respect. It bugs me that people, most of whom have, or have had at some point, a job that serves others, treat customer service employees like medieval servants. They are people! I for one am cuddled in my sweats, enjoying my turkey hangover, and a bit of a wine buzz :-)

Shannon said...

You fixed it! Hurray, all the stuff is back in the sidebar!