Monday, March 15, 2010

Birthday Ideas Needed

What do I get the sister who has everything?? I've just spent the past hour looking online for ideas for Amanda's birthday gift. Her birthday's right around the corner, and I probably won't be able to go with the parentals when they go see her next weekend....so....I should probably get something now.

I thought about Sephora, because, like myself, Amanda is a makeup whore. But all I did was find a lot of stuff for me.

I found some candles that sound amazing....but they're waaayyy too expensive and I just wanted one for me. (Do you see a theme here??)



I thought about a gift card to Barnes & Noble, because Amanda loves to read. However, in general I just don't like giving gift cards. I think they're so impersonal.

See, the problem with my sister is that if she wants something she just buys it. (Uh...kinda like me I guess....) She makes fun of my craft projects, so I won't be making her anything homemade. If she does read this, I'll get yelled at. But it's true. She mocked my handcrafted envelopes made with recycled antique sheet music and my decoupaged clothespins. And, if I must say so myself, those clothespins were freakin' adorable and perfect for holding bills together! So, I give up.

Any ideas???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked my Sephora gift certificate. And I do like your craft projects and you can't say I don't. I have totally used the clothespins...I just needed an idea on what to use them for (hello...?? Bills! Coupons! Receipts!) Maybe you can make them with a magnet on the back and I'll use them on the fridge to hold Wynn's pictures and certificates of achievement from doggie school?!!